Which Application Process is Best for You?
We’re here to find the finance solution that’s best for you, and we like to make things quick and easy when it comes to your finance application. There are just a few things we need to know about you to get the ball rolling and you can apply either online or give our friendly a team a call to discuss your options - see which application process will work best for you below.
1. Online application
This is the ideal way to apply for your finance if you:
- Are over 18 years old
- Are employed and earning $500 a week or more
- Have a valid NZ Drivers License (restricted or above)
Online applications take approximately 5 minutes to complete and you’ll need the following information on hand:
- An electronic copy of your current driver’s license
- An electronic copy of a recent bank statement
2. Speak to one of the team on 0800 258 375
Choose this option if you:
- Are over 18 years old
- Are employed but earning under $500 a week
- Are employed and earning $500 a week or more but have had some credit issues in the past, like a missed payment here and there
- Have a valid NZ learners driver’s licence
If you’re still unsure about which application is best for you, read more about eligibility below or please get in touch with our team on 0800 258 375.
Our team will work hard to find a finance solution that works for you, however there are some existing lending criteria put in place by the lenders we work with which may affect your ability to get a loan approved.
The three key factors lenders look at as part of the approval process are:
- Your ability to repay the loan (how much you earn vs outgoings)
- Your credit rating or history (how well you’ve repaid loans in the past
- Security for the loan (what can be used to repay the loan if you can’t)
This is why we ask about your employment status, how many dependents you have, your eligibility to work in New Zealand etc.
Things that can prevent you being approved for finance include:
- Not being currently employed
- Not earning over a certain threshold
- Not being a permanent resident or approved to work long term in New Zealand
- Having a poor credit rating
- Having no security to offer against the loan
- Being under 18 years of age
If you have any questions on your eligibility please get in touch with our team and we can chat to you about your options.
About our Process:
As part of the application process we’ll ask you for a bit more information about yourself including:
- Your date of birth
- Your current income and whether you have dependents
- Whether you’re on a work visa
- Your contact details
We need this information so our experienced team can work hard to find you the best finance deal for your needs. You can find our privacy statement here.
Our team has over 14 years’ experience working with a wide range of lenders to get the best deals for you based on your individual circumstances. Not only do we find you the best deals, but since we’re experts in vehicle finance we also make the process as quick and easy as possible too. We aim to have your finance approved within two hours.
Once you’ve submitted your online application we’ll get in touch to request an electronic copy of your current drivers licence and most recent bank statement.
Once we have all the information we need, we’ll work with a lender to find the best possible deal for you, tailored to fit your unique circumstances, needs and the vehicle you have your eye on.
We’ll be in contact as quickly as possible to let you know once your loan has been approved then all you need to do is go and buy your dream car.