- Blue Sky Finance respects the privacy of our customers and complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (“the Act”).
- This Privacy Statement explains how Blue Sky Finance collects, uses, discloses and protects your Personal Information.
- Personal Information is defined in the Act as ‘information about an identifiable individual’.
- For the purposes of the Act, the “Data Controller” in respect of your Personal Information is Blue Sky Finance.
- By using this website, or ‘app’ you authorise Blue Sky Finance to collect, use, and disclose your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and to the extent not prohibited by the Act. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that any Personal Information is not used for purposes other than that for which it has been collected.
- We will collect the Personal Information you provide us, and we may also collect Personal Information online from your computer, mobile or other device.
Information we collect about you
When you visit our website, we may collect and process data in order to provide services to you including:
- Personally Identifiable Information. This is provided by you when you register for services or goods that we may offer. Examples of these services could include email newsletters or competitions. Providing this information will always be optional, however some services may not be available to you if you chose not to provide it.
- Aggregated Data. This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our site. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
How do we use your information?
We collect your Personal Information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our site(s)/using our apps. To this end we may use the Personal Information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To consider providing you with finance or other services that you have requested.
- To assess your creditworthiness
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, direct marketing or market research that we might undertake.
- To respond to communications received from you.
- To conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymous basis).
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
- To comply with laws, rules or regulations in New Zealand or overseas
What we will not do with your information
- We will not sell/rent contact information lists to parties who are not part of Blue Sky Finance.
- We will not (to the extent we can reasonably control) use any Personal Information for purposes other than that for which it has been collected.
Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
When visiting our website(s)/using our apps, personal identifiers may be collected from your browsing activity. This includes:
- Recording requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website.
- Recording information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address.
- Recording information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
- Using this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
- Cookies are placed by software that operates on our servers, and by software operated by third parties whose services we use.
- We use third party tools such as Google Analytics to monitor usage of websites. These third parties collect information anonymously. They report website trends and usage without identifying individual visitors (not by name or IP address). We have no control over how your Personal Information is processed by third parties such as Google. Please read the privacy packages of the provider (e.g. Google) to understand how your Personal Information may be used by these third parties.
- You might find links to third party websites on our website(s). These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We have no responsibility or liability for their policies and/or application or otherwise of their policies.
- Cookies also allow us to see insights about those who interact with our adverts and websites so we can provide more relevant content and develop features that are likely to be interesting to our stakeholders.
Access to and correction of your personal information
- Subject to the Act, you have the right to access your Personal Information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information.
- We reserve the right, however, to deny or limit access or amendments to your Personal Information where we are entitled by law to do so. To make a request please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We take all reasonable steps with our physical, technical, organisational and electronic security to protect your Personal Information against loss, damage, misuse, unauthorised access, erroneous disclosure, alteration, or destruction. As part of our security measures, we use secure servers and industry standard data encryption for transmission of personal information on our website. We follow SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol, you can check this is active by looking for the padlock symbol on many browsers. You are responsible for ensuring the security of the personal information held on your computer, mobile or other device.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will make changes to this Privacy Statement from time to time. When we make changes, we will update the Privacy Statement on our website.